Monday, October 6, 2008
Roasted Vegetable Casserole
* 1 small zucchini squash, cubed
* 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
* 1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
* 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
* 1 red onion, quartered
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the squash, red bell peppers, sweet potato, and Yukon Gold potatoes. Separate the red onion quarters into pieces, and add them to the mixture.
3. In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are coated. Spread evenly on a large roasting pan.
4. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through and browned.