Can you say yummo?
Not only is this pizza beautiful, but it will satisfy your sweet tooth. I always get so many compliments on this dish. The glaze really makes this one stand out.
* 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 pinch salt
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1/2 cup orange juice
* 2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
* fruit of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Slice cookie dough and arrange on greased pizza pan, overlapping edges. Press dough flat into pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. In a large bowl, soften cream cheese, then fold in the whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. You can chill for a while at this point, or continue by arranging the fruit.
3. If you use strawberries slice in half. Arrange in a circle around the outside edge. Continue with fruit of your choice, working towards the middle. If bananas are used, dip them in lemon juice so they don't darken. Then make a sauce to spoon over fruit.
4. In a saucepan, combine sugar, salt, corn starch, orange juice, lemon juice and water. Cook and stir over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, and add grated orange rind. Allow to cool, but not set up. Spoon over fruit. Chill for two hours, then cut into wedges and serve.