Monday, October 6, 2008
"Sharp Cheddar cheese is the rich, delicious filling for these spicy favorites! They are baked rather than deep fried. You'll want to pop them down one after another!"
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
* 1/4 cup mayonnaise
* 15 fresh jalapeño peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1/2 tablespoon milk
* 1 1/2 cups crushed corn flake cereal
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese and mayonnaise. Stuff jalapeño halves with the mixture.
3. Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl. Place crushed corn flake cereal in a separate small bowl.
4. Dip each stuffed jalapeño half into the egg and milk mixture, then roll in corn flake cereal to coat.
5. Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and lightly browned.