Monday, October 6, 2008
Delicious Black Bean Burritos
* 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* small onion, chopped
* 1-1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
* 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño peppers
* 9 ounces cream cheese
* 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
2. Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Place onion, bell pepper, garlic and jalapeños in skillet, cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour beans into skillet, cook 3 minutes stirring.
3. Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet with salt. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir cilantro into mixture.
4. Spoon mixture evenly down center of warmed tortilla and roll tortillas up. Serve immediately.
This one is very yummy!