Monday, October 6, 2008
Egg and Cheese Puffs
* 1/2 package of morning star sausage or morning star bacon
* 10 eggs, beaten
* 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
* 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
* 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chile peppers, drained
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Place bacon or sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chile peppers and bacon. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Remove cheese mixture from refrigerator; stir in flour, butter, baking powder and salt. Spoon batter into 24 lightly greased muffin cups.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until puffs are slightly golden on top.