Monday, October 6, 2008
Double Tomato Bruschetta
* 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
* 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
* 1-1/2 cloves minced garlic
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
* 2 tablespoons fresh basil, stems removed
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/2 French baguette
* 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat the oven on broiler setting.
2. In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
3. Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
4. Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
5. Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.