- 1 eggplant, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 French baguette
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup tapenade (olive spread)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Place the eggplant and red bell pepper on a medium baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Broil 5 to 10 minutes, until tender and slightly browned.
- Cut baguette in half lengthwise. Spread bottom half with goat cheese, followed by tapenade. Layer with eggplant and red pepper, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with top half of baguette. Cut into 4 pieces. Serve hot or cold.