Saturday, October 25, 2008
Feta and Spinach Pasta
* 1 (8 ounce) package of whole wheat pasta of your choice
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1/2 cup chopped onion
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 3 cups chopped tomatoes
* 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
* 2 cups spinach leaves, packed
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 pinch red pepper flakes
* 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente; drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and garlic, and cook until golden brown. Mix in tomatoes, mushrooms, and spinach. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook 2 minutes more, until tomatoes are heated through and spinach is wilted. Reduce heat to medium, stir in pasta and feta cheese, and cook until heated through.