Thursday, January 22, 2009
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 cup uncooked white rice
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
* 2 cups water
* 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
* 2 teaspoons chili powder, or to taste
* 1 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Saute rice, onion, and bell pepper until rice is browned and onions are tender.
2. Stir in water and tomatoes. Season with chili powder and salt. Cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked and liquid is absorbed.