* 2 heads fresh broccoli, chopped
* 3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
* 1/2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom or celery soup
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1-2 tablespoons of butter
* 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
* 1/4 cup cup reduced fat milk or half and half
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook broccoli in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the cheese, cream of mushroom soup,milk salt, and pepper. Stir until cheese is melted. Add the broccoli, stirring to coat. Transfer the mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish.
4. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Mix in the croutons, and sprinkle over the broccoli mixture.
5. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the topping is browned and broccoli is tender.