Thursday, April 2, 2009
Quick Black Bean and Salsa Soup
* 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
* 1 cup chunky salsa
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 4 tablespoons sour cream
* 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
1. In an electric food processor or blender, combine beans, broth, salsa, and cumin. Blend until fairly smooth.
2. Heat the bean mixture in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
3. Ladle soup into 4 individual bowls, and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of the sour cream and 1/2 tablespoon green onion.
Note: Leave small amount of beans out of blender and mash and add to pot to give some texture.