Thursday, April 2, 2009
Mama's Broiled Tomato Sammie
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
* 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
* 4 slices bread, lightly toasted
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together the olive oil and vinegar. Marinate the tomatoes in the mixture, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, parsley, oregano, black pepper and 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese. Spread mixture on each slice of toasted bread. Place marinated tomatoes on 2 slices and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
4. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown. Serve immediately, open faced or closed.