Thursday, April 2, 2009
Veggie Muffin Sammies
* 4 English muffins, split and toasted or whole wheat pita
* 1 avocado, mashed
* 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
* 1 small tomato, chopped
* 1 small sweet onion, chopped
* 4 tablespoons Ranch-style salad dressing
* 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
* 1 cup shredded smoked Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Place each muffin open-faced on a cookie sheet. Spread each half with mashed avocado; place halves close together. Distributing ingredients evenly, cover each half with sprouts, tomatoes, onion, dressing, sesame seeds and cheese.
3. Place under broiler for about 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Optional: Black olives