* 4 eggs, slightly beaten
* 1/2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
* 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
* 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (ground up fine or u will have a crunchy texture)
* 1 cup dry Italian style breadcrumbs
* 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes vegetarian broth or vegetable bouillon cubes
* 1/4 small onion finely chopped
1. Mix ingredients together in order.
2. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Form into 1-1/4 inch balls and place on baking sheet sprayed with Pam.
4. Bake in 400 degree oven until brown, about 20 minutes. (Turn frequently, will brown fast)
5. (May be frozen now.) Place meatballs in casserole and cover with 2-3 cups boiling water and 2 vegetable bouillon cubes or envelopes vegetarian brown broth.
6. Meatballs should be within 1/2 inch of being covered with liquid.
7. Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour (1-1/2 hrs if meatballs are frozen).
Another way to prepare them: After step 4, I like to saute garlic and green peppers along with the "meat"balls in olive oil and then add my favorite spaghetti sauce and top over pasta, yum!
Place in crockpot after step 4 and add your own sauce (sweet and sour,etc.) and cook for 1 hr. Longer if frozen.