Thursday, February 12, 2009
Salmon Potato Patties
* 1 (14.75 ounce) can salmon, drained (remove bones)
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1/4 cup garlic and herb seasoned dry bread crumbs
* 1/4 cup dry potato flakes or frozen hash browns thawed
* 1 small red onion or a couple of green onions chopped
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
* 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a medium bowl, mix salmon, eggs, garlic and herb seasoned dry bread crumbs, dry potato flakes, onion, garlic, dill weed, celery salt, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 2 inch balls, and flatten into patties about 1/2 inch thick.
2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. In batches, cook patties about 5 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
TIPS: Goes great dipped in a cucumber sauce. Or you can make them into burgers and place them on a onion bun. Some people like to eat them on top of a salad. These hold up well on the grill too! : )